You’ve definitely heard about Zinnias if you’re interested in creating a brilliant show in your garden and appreciate bright flowers. These colorful and varied plants are perfect for sprucing up any outdoor space. However, you should know that there is a method that can further improve the development and health of your Zinnias. Wow, you’re right! Companion planting, in other words, is essential.
- Cut and Come Again Mixed Zinnia Seeds produce stems as tall as 4 feet with huge 5″ blooms, making this variety ideal for cut flowers! The shape of the flower is open with petals rounded on the ends
- Easy to grow and Great Cut Flowers. The more you cut, the more they bloom.
- Zinnias look wonderful when planted “en masse”
- Plant 1/4″ Deep in Full sun.
- Marde Ross & Company has been a Licensed California Nursery since 1985.
Benefits of Companion Planting
Maybe you’re confused by this concept of “companion planting”. Growing plants in close proximity to one another to maximize their mutual benefits is a smart gardening practice. Clearly, not all plants have no self-interest. Some people appreciate having neighbors, and they may even work together to improve their yards. Some plants, for instance, may be able to protect their companion plants from pests. Some people may work to maintain healthy soil, which is good for the plants in the area.
Companion planting can be especially useful while growing Zinnias. It can boost their development and health, and even improve the appearance of their already stunning blossoms. Do you find that intriguing?
Best Companion Plants for Zinnias
Let’s get down to business now and talk about what plants go well with Zinnias. First, herbs like dill and parsley are great companions for Zinnias. You can protect your cherished Zinnias against pests with the help of these plants.
- Ⓘ HOW MANY SEEDS Ⓘ We are not always able to control the exact amount of seeds in each package. Please CONTACT US if you have any questions about your order
- Ⓘ 100% NON GMO Ⓘ We do not produce or sell GMO seeds. Our seeds are cultivated through pollination
- Ⓘ GERMINATION Ⓘ All our seeds have high germination guarantee
- Ⓘ SELECTED OF SEEDS Ⓘ Healthy and good quality seeds are the roots of a healthy crop. The seeds that are used to cultivate new crops have selected very carefully and of high quality
- Ⓘ ASSIATANCE Ⓘ A dynamic team of highly experienced specialists can assist with technical advice and specific recommendations to ensure maximum performance
Second, you may use some other annuals that are just as lively as Marigolds and Petunias. When used with Zinnias, they produce a show stopping display. They get along great since they share a comparable environment for growth.
- Get more for your money: This is a beautiful mix of 3 types of marigold flower seeds. Includes a blend of Dainty Marietta French, Petite French, and Sparky French. This is 18 grams over 5600 seeds!
- Avoid bugs that eat your garden: Marigolds are the perfect companion for your vegetables because they deter those bugs. Marigolds can naturally deter mosquitos just like citronella.
- Annual Seeds: These seeds are a annual mix but in many zones will return due to dropped seeds. They grow 6-18 inches and prefer full sun exposure. Heat and drought tolerant.
- Makes The Perfect Gift- With 3 different varieties of flowers, you can give the gift of beauty to your family or friends.
- Hand Packaged by a Veteran Owned Small Business: If for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, contact us and we will make it right.
Last but not least, Zinnias are a safe bet when combined with lettuce and chard in a vegetable garden. These greens benefit from the shade offered by the taller Zinnia plants during the hot summer days, and the Zinnia plants, in turn, may help to maintain a healthy moisture and nutrient balance in the soil.
- 🥬 5 VARIETIES GREENS AND LETTUCE SEED PACKETS – 5 of our most popular salad greens, including Arugula (Roquette), Spinach (Bloomsdale), Kale (Vates Blue Scotch Curled), Buttercrunch Lettuce, Romain Lettuce.
- 🥬 FREE BONUS – 5 Free plant markers to help you keep track of what salad garden seeds you planted where.
- 🥬 WATER RESISTANT PACKAGING – Our high-quality heirloom seeds use professional seed packets, unlike our competitors who use plastic bags, leading to seed mold. Each high quality packet comes with planting and harvesting instructions. Over 5,000 seeds, more than double our competitors.
- 🇺🇸 USA – Proudly grown and produced in the USA. Don’t use inferior overseas seeds in your garden. These greens are great grown in hydroponics, aquaponics, indoor and outdoor gardening. These seeds are all heirloom, save them for future gardens and provide food security for your family.
- ✅ GUARANTEE – If you aren’t happy for any reason, return your lettuce seeds for planting for a full refund.
Finally, a straightforward explanation of which plants go well with Zinnias. Keep in mind that, much like people, plants thrive when they have supportive companionship in their gardens.
Considerations When Choosing Companion Plants for Zinnias
There are a few things to remember when selecting companion plants for your Zinnias. Keep in mind first that Zinnias require a lot of direct sunlight. They do well in warm, sunny areas with loose, nutrient-rich soil. Your choice of companion plants should reflect this.
- NATURAL AND ORGANIC NUTRIENT RICH FERTILIZER: We’re on a mission to get America growing again and it all starts with what’s right beneath us — your soil; Grow a bountiful garden in your home with the Back to the Roots All-Purpose Peat-Free Potting Mix, packed with the nutrients needed for your plants, flowers, and vegetables to thrive
- ROOT BOOSTING AND MOISTURE RETAINING MYCORRHIZAE, YUCCA EXTRACT, AND COCONUT COIR: This organic potting soil has mycorrhizae, coconut coir, and yucca extract which enhances the plant’s and root’s uptake of water and nutrients required for growth; You’re bound to have a thriving indoor and outdoor garden in no time
- INCLUDES pH BALANCING DOLOMITIC LIMESTONE: The dolomitic limestone of this all-purpose potting soil has a combination of calcium carbonate and magnesium carbonate which effectively neutralizes acidity and prevent nutrient deficiency
- GREAT FOR YOUR PLANTS AND THE PLANET: The Back to the Roots All-Purpose Potting Mix is the 1st premium, 100% peat-free soil in the market; Mined peatlands contribute yearly CO2 emissions equivalent to what cars all over the world are releasing — that’s why we think it’s so important to leave peat alone
- ZERO-RISK GARDENING: Made in the USA and 100% Guaranteed to grow; All of our soils come with 100% satisfaction guarantee – if you have any problems, we will send you a new bag to get you growing
Space is another consideration. Space is essential for a successful zinnia garden. Your Zinnias could suffer loss of nutrients and space if you plant aggressive or invasive companion plants nearby. Keep in mind the importance of both companionship and space for each plant.
Plants to Avoid Planting with Zinnias
Many plants are compatible with Zinnias, but you should avoid others. Zinnias may not get along with ferns or hostas because they both require a lot of water and thrive in the shade. Plants that attract pests that could harm Zinnias should be avoided as well.
And that wraps it up! The definitive resource for planting companions to Zinnias, tailored to their specific requirements and tastes. Don’t forget that the key to a flourishing garden is cultivating a symbiotic relationship between your plants. The greatest companion plants for your Zinnias will do for them what a good friend does for you: highlight their best qualities, be there for them when they need help, and help you cultivate a beautiful, harmonious garden. All the best with your gardening endeavors!