Marigolds, with their bright colors and cheery blossoms, are a favorite in many gardens. But it seems we’re not the only ones who love these flowers! A whole host of creatures also find marigolds irresistible. Let’s explore which bugs have a special place in their hearts (or bellies) for marigolds.
- INSECT KILLER: Kills Aphids, Caterpillars, Whiteflies, Japanese Beetles, and more on contact
- 30 DAY PROTECTION: Protects against listed insects for up to 30 days
- USE ON: Roses, flowers, plants, and even houseplants
- RAINPROOF PROTECTION: Rainproof within 1 hour of application
- COVERAGE AREA: Treats up to 34 plants
Insects That Eat Marigolds
Ever noticed some bite marks on your marigold leaves or petals? It’s likely the handiwork of some hungry bugs. Some of the most common insects that enjoy munching on marigolds include aphids, slugs, snails, and spider mites. Some are tiny and hard to spot, while others like the slimy slugs, are easily seen. Each of these critters has its own unique way of feasting on your beloved marigolds. Let’s learn more about them!
- ❤ Size: Size: Deer netting size 7 feet x 100 feet; garden netting mesh size 3/4″; color: black; Easy to use accessories included: 10pcs installation nails & 50pcs cable ties
- ❤ Durable & Reusable: Tough deer fence barrier netting is made from durable polypropylene(PP), lightweight yet heavy duty, It won’t tear easily, rust or rot like metal or wood, doesn’t tangle and reusable for longer protection; Can also used as bird netting, chicken netting, rabbit fence, pond & pool netting
- ❤ Safe & Economical: The 3/4 inch square mesh design of our deer fencing provides maximum protection for your garden plants, fruits, Arborvitae trees, berries and shrubs without harming birds and small animals or interfering with plant growth
- ❤ Easy to Install: Easy to use roll of anti bird deer protection netting, simply attach to stakes or posts(not included); Or you can cut it to any size you need with scissors to put it up around your vegetable garden or individual shrubs
- ❤ Enjoy Your Fruits: Don’t let birds, deer, dogs or other animals ruin your harvest and feast on your produce before you get a chance to; Ideal garden protective netting for tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries, fig, cherry etc. Keep your crop peck-free this summer!
Animals That Eat Marigolds
Surprise! It’s not only insects that have a taste for marigolds, but some larger critters do too. You might catch rabbits, deer, or even groundhogs nibbling on your marigold blossoms. These animals especially love to munch on young, tender plants. Don’t worry though, we’ll explore some ways to protect your flowers later on.
Signs of Marigold Pests
Wondering if your marigolds have been turned into a feast? Look out for telltale signs like chewed leaves, nibbled petals, or slimy trails on the soil (hello, slugs!). If the damage is more severe, you might see wilted plants or notice your marigolds disappearing altogether! Always keep an eye on your flowers to catch these pesky eaters early.
Methods to Protect Marigolds from Pests
It’s disheartening to see your precious marigolds being munched away, isn’t it? But worry not, there are several ways to shield your flowers. Fencing, especially chicken wire, can keep larger animals like rabbits and deer away. For smaller pests, consider placing netting around your plants. And remember, regular inspection of your garden is key to spot any problems early!
- 【Repel Moles and Gophers】The mole repellent is powered by solar panels. Just put in the sunlight on the solar mole repellent ultrasonic charge for 4 hours, it is enough to make them work for 4 days. No need to replace the batteries. Note: Place the solar mouse repeller pile in the sunlight to charge for at least 2 days before installation.
- 【Powerful Protection】The mole spikes work in a circular pattern,each vole repellent outdoor has an effective range of up to 7000 sq ft. Recommend an installation of the yard mole repellents on every 70 feet throughout your lawn for optimal performance.The best place to put it is where the moles frequent.
- 【Harmless to Children&Pets】The mole repellent solar powered emit low frequency pulses for 3-4 seconds every 20 seconds, penetrating the soil and get rid of moles in your yard. No chemicals or poisons,repels moles in a humane way, preventing moles from burrowing into tunnels and causing damage to lawns, vegetable patches, flowers and seedling roots.
- 【Waterproof】The gopher repellent is made of high quality ABS plastic. So the mole repellent can work even in rainy days.A dirty panel will reduce the amount of sunlight available to charge the unit’s batteries.Keep the Solar Panel Clean – Wiping it regularly with a damp cloth.
- 【Easy to install】Use a wooden or steel rod to make pilot hole. Insert the solar mole repellent ultrasonic into the ground until the cap is about 2 inches above the ground. Press the ON/OFF button one time to turn it on and that’s all.In general, it need about 2-4 weeks to drive the Mole and vole away from your garden.
Natural Pest Control for Marigolds
You might not want to use harsh chemicals in your garden, and that’s okay! There are plenty of natural methods to deter pests. Try introducing beneficial insects like ladybugs, which eat aphids, or planting garlic and onions, which deter many pests with their strong smell. Another simple solution is a homemade spray made from a mixture of water and mild dish soap – it’s surprisingly effective!
- 【Chinese Garlic Chives】10 plants with roots freshly harvested same day of shipping.
- 【Year round available】Winter time leaves will be dry if you are in northern part of the continent, but will grow indoors. If planted outdoors it will come to life in spring time. These makes easy to care house plants as well that blooms white flowers.
- 【All Organic NON-GMO】Super safe to eat. Makes great chives eggs stir fry, omelette, or pasta.
- 【Plant and Water】Once received, trim roots slightly to promote new growth. Also cut off excess long green leaves. Leave 4-6 inches or less. Plant them right away. Space out every 4 inches or so. Water thoroughly after planting and keep daily watering till new growth come out.
- 【Require very little fertiziging】Trim roots to about 1.5″ long before planting, this helps promote new roots growth.
Yes, a variety of creatures enjoy snacking on marigolds. But now you know who they are and how to keep them at bay. With a bit of care and vigilance, your marigolds can thrive and continue to bring joy to your garden. Remember, a healthy garden is one where plants and creatures live in balance.