Imagine capturing the radiant beauty of sunflowers forever. Well, with the art of pressing sunflowers, you can do just that! Sunflowers bring joy and warmth with their vibrant colors, and by pressing them, you can preserve their charm and create lasting memories. In this article, we’ll guide you through the simple process of pressing sunflowers, allowing you to turn them into beautiful crafts or keepsakes. Get ready to embark on a delightful journey of preserving sunflowers and unlocking their everlasting beauty!
- PRIME DOORSTEP DELIVERY: Orders placed between Mondays and Thursdays before 9:45 AM local time will be delivered the following day. Be sure to verify the arrival date during checkout. Please note there are no Saturday, Sunday, or Monday delivery options.
- THE IDEAL GIFT: To make your gift truly special, select the “This is a gift” option in your cart or during checkout. Take a moment to write a personal message. When the flowers arrive, your recipient can gently peel back the shipping label to reveal your personal note. Please don’t forget to sign your name. This way, the recipient will know exactly who sent the beautiful flowers.
- BUD STAGE BLOOMS: Our fresh flower bouquets embark on their journey from our farms in their budding stage. This not only makes for smoother travels but also ensures longer lasting and more vibrant blooms. Expect the blossoms to gracefully open within 2 or 3 days.
- CONSISTENT QUALITY: Our floral designers carefully craft each bouquet with care to ensure quality and consistency throughout its overnight journey. Upon arrival, gently remove the flowers from the box, trim the stems 1 inch, and place them in a vase with fresh water and flower food. Please be advised that our flowers are not for human or animal consumption.
- RESPONSIBLY GROWN BLOOMS: This arrangement includes 10 stems of Sunflowers directly from our Rainforest Alliance Certified farms.
Before you dive into pressing sunflowers, let’s make sure you have everything you need for a successful adventure. Here’s a list of supplies to gather:
- Fresh sunflowers (the more, the merrier!)
- Scissors or garden clippers
- Absorbent paper or blotting paper
- Heavy books or a flower press
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Optional: additional weights (like more books)
Preparing the Sunflowers
Now that you have all the supplies ready, it’s time to prepare your sunflowers for the pressing process. Follow these simple steps:
- Find sunflowers that are fully bloomed and at their peak beauty. Avoid ones that are overly mature or wilting.
- Take your trusty scissors or garden clippers and carefully cut the sunflowers just below the flower heads. Leave a short stem to hold on to the flower’s essence.
Great! Now that your supplies are ready and your sunflowers are prepared, it’s time to embark on the magical journey of pressing these gorgeous flowers. Get ready to capture their beauty and create something truly special!
Pressing the Sunflowers
Now comes the exciting part—pressing those lovely sunflowers! Let’s go through the steps together:
- Find a flat surface and place a sheet of absorbent paper or blotting paper on it.
- Lay your sunflowers on the paper, making sure they don’t overlap. Let them show off their colorful petals!
- Cover the sunflowers with another sheet of absorbent paper to create a cozy bed for them.
- If you have more sunflowers, layer them on top of each other with absorbent paper in between, creating a sunflower and paper sandwich.
- Once your stack is complete, it’s time to apply some pressure. You can use heavy books or a flower press to press the sunflowers down.
- For extra weight and better pressing, you can add more books or even some weights on top if you’d like. The more pressure, the flatter the flowers will become.
- Now, the sunflowers need some time to dry and press. Leave them undisturbed for about two to four weeks, allowing them to lose their moisture and become beautifully flattened.
Congratulations, you’ve patiently waited for the pressing process to work its magic! Now, let’s add the final touches to your pressed sunflowers:
- Carefully remove the dried sunflowers from the press or books, treating them like delicate treasures.
- To protect your precious pressed flowers, place them between sheets of wax paper or parchment paper. They deserve some extra care!
- Find a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight to store your pressed sunflowers. This will help preserve their vibrant colors and delicate shapes.
- Let your creativity bloom! Use the pressed sunflowers in various craft projects like making cards, bookmarks, or even framing them as botanical art. The possibilities are endless!
You’ve successfully embarked on the journey of pressing sunflowers, capturing their eternal beauty in a unique way. By gathering the right supplies, preparing the sunflowers, pressing them with care, and adding the finishing touches, you’ve created stunning pressed sunflowers that can be cherished for years to come. Let your imagination run wild and explore the many ways you can incorporate these pressed beauties into your crafts and creations. Enjoy the everlasting beauty of sunflowers, preserved through the art of pressing!