The Garden Bug is a seasonal garden center located in the Rosedale Park community. Specializing in indoor and outdoor gardening supplies, gardening education, and organic gardening options. The Garden Bug carries exclusives patio set, a variety of rare perennials, and one of kind pottery from the Pottery Patch.
The Garden Bug blossomed in 2014 when owner and garden enthusiast, Tina Castleberry decided to turn her love for gardening and landscaping into a full-time business. As a child Tina was introduced to gardening from her mother, they would tend to the family garden and bond over the process. She was reunited with this hobby once her children were born and she was at home tending to them and her home garden. Her neighbors took notice and began asking for her assistance in their own yards. She started doing more and more work in the surrounding suburbs and city of Detroit. By 2014 she was providing both annual landscaping and maintenance for over 40 clients. That same year her company decided to officially expand and purchase a physical location in the Rosedale Park community.
Tina says that the neighborhood support has been overwhelming and their clientele spans from the city to suburb, some traveling more than 15 miles just to shop with The Garden Bug. The Garden Bug wants everyone, whether advanced or beginning, to experience a fun, casual, and affordable learning experience.
- Volunteers are always welcome.
- We are a seasonal garden center open May, June and after July 4th closed and reopen October 1st and close Halloween and open Black Friday.
- 15% Off opening day season.
- Do corporate and community events. Farmers Market Rosedale Park and Talk of the Town and Delivery.
- Motto: Where beautiful Gardens begin.
- Personal Info: Graduated from University of Detroit in 1992 with degree in Marketing and Public Relations. In 1993 Tina worked at Smart Transportation for 4 years. Worked at Detroit Wayne County Port Authority on Marketing team worked there 2 years. Resigned and stayed home for the last 17 years. Maya, 15 and Marcellus son 17.